AMBULATORY INFUSION SUITES
- Safe and convenient administration of specialty infusion drugs.
- ACHC accreditation for ambulatory care infusion services and infusion nursing.
- Specially trained infusion nurses.
- Written policy and protocols for the safe administration of infused drugs.
- Monitored for adverse reactions and therapeutic efficacy.
- Personalized care from registered nurses, dietitians, & pharmacists.
- Flexible scheduling with evening and weekend appointments.
- We bridge the gap between home & hospital for infusion services.
Our Ambulatory Infusion Center ( AIC) Services
Our Outpatient Infusion Center specializes in intravenous (IV) treatments. We offer our patients a comfortable and convenient alternative to receiving infusion services in the hospital or in the emergency room.
Physicians may admit non-emergency, adult patients who are ambulatory and capable of self-care to the Outpatient Infusion Center from their office, hospital, nursing home, or emergency room for short- or long- term infusion therapies that can be accommodated within the operating hours.
To ensure a relaxing environment, we provide well-equipped patient rooms, complete with:
- Hospital beds or comfortable recliners
- Pharmacy on-site to prepare medications
- Chairs for friends, family and visitors
- A comfortable waiting area
- Refreshment area with beverages and light snacks
Our Suites has all-private rooms and is equipped with a bed or recliner, telephone, and TV.
Patients receive their infusion in a comfortable recliner with a blanket warmer, and may listen to music or watch our educational program to help relax while receiving treatments.
Since treatment determines how long a patient stays at the clinic, we encourage bringing a family member to the treatment room. Depending on the type of therapy required, a patient may need to visit the Infusion Center for a single treatment or for continuous treatments over weeks, months or years.
Therapies and treatments provided include, but are not limited to:
- Antibiotic Therapy
- Intraperitoneal Chemotherapy
- Remicade/Related Medications
- Alpha-1-Proteinase Therapy
- Hydration Therapy
- IV Iron Therapy
- Immune Globulin
- Therapeutic Phlebotomy
- Central Venous Access Management
- Tetanus Injections
- Procrit, Neulasta, Neupogen
- Depacon IV
- TPN and other infusion therapies.
Scheduling an Appointment
During operating hours, please call the central scheduling number (270) 506-2463. After operating hours you can talk to our after hour service or please leave a recorded message to include the caller's name, contact number and type of service requested. The Infusion Center will contact you the following business day to schedule the patient.
Please arrive 15 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment time.
A number of factors may affect your ability to receive your infusion.
Please contact the clinic if You have any changes to your medications or your health condition.
You are running a fever, have flu-like symptoms, or are otherwise ill.
You have had a vaccination within one week of your scheduled infusion.
Canceling an Appointment
If it's necessary to cancel your appointment, please notify the clinic at least 24 hours in advance so that we can accommodate others waiting to schedule an appointment.
A physician referral is required for infusion therapy services. Patients must bring a list of medicine they are currently taking and their insurance card or workers' compensation paperwork.
Infusion services are provided by high-skilled pharmacists and nurses at the Center. They:
- -Specialize in intravenous therapy
- -Monitor patient during treatment
- -Teach patients how to care for themselves during treatment.